1. The enrolment has to be entered by your leading teacher, supervisor or by the board of the school.
2. Participants have to be between 13 and 18 years old, and they should be at a secondary school.
3. Every participating school can have a maximum of 5 projects taking part in the contest. Every project can be represented by at most 2 students (Dutch teams: at least 2 and at most 4 students).
4. The finalists will be selected by a jury. The list of the nominated projects will be announced at the website of INESPO on March 12, 2013.
5. The jury members are academics.
6. The olympiad will take place between June 2 and June 7, 2013 in the Netherlands. (For Dutch participants the preliminary round takes place on April 20)
7. All participants will receive an "Environment Certificate".
8. There are no project fees. However their is a participation fee (only for international participants), for students and for supervisors. This fee amounts 280 Euros per person. One supervisor/teacher per 5 projects is allowed. If a second adult wants to come along, his/her participation fee will amount to 500 Euros. This includes accommodation (double room), consumption, airport-hotel-airport transfer, local transport, social activities and group excursions. (Dutch schools are excluded from this fee!)